Thursday, October 15, 2009

Assignment 2 - Motion

Our second assignment for photography class was to play with the interaction between aperture and shutter speed while trying to maintain proper exposure. Our instructor wanted us to have some shots that captured a sense of motion. I struggled a little with this assignment but came up with a few shots I was happy with.

The first two involve my favorite subject. I liked that there was a little blur as she grabbed the crayon, while the second had her haphazard attempt at putting away the crayons, and they're surrounded by our doodles.


To get more variety, I went to the Japanese Gardens. I really wanted to get a photo of running water with a slow shutter speed and was happy with this one:


Slow motion. :)




2 comments:

  1. Hey I noticed you host the photos through blogger. I found a huge quality difference when I moved my photos to host them at flickr instead.It also makes it easier to upload since I upload them to flickr then copy and paste the HTML directly into the editor, instead of playing around with positioning the photos once I upload them to blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip - I've been meaning to try an alternative to Blogger and just haven't thought about it at a good time. I'll try to figure it out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete